So we're totally ganking post ideas from two places- The Chanclers and John Mayer. These people lead interesting lives.
The first reflections are things that we've said since arriving here- some you would utter in the US of A, but here it takes on new meaning. Here's a selection of our favorites.
1.“No, honey, we don’t need to buy bug spray – the glass cleaner works just fine.” -Sharon to Anthony. Ants abound here. Clean or not, you have ants. So I've found glass cleaner kills the ants as well as removes whatever the ants were flocking to in the first place.
2. “It’s hot.”
3. “Apa?” -Our most used foreign word. It means, “What?”
4. “Just go. They’ll stop.” -Said at every intersection/merge lane/roundabout/bridge/ highway/sidewalk/dirt road. What's scary is EVERY other driver is saying the same thing.
5. “Sorry... American moment.” -Said when driving on the wrong side of the road, getting in on the wrong side of the car or turning on the windshield wipers instead of the turn-signal.
6. “We’re married.” -Said to new acquaintances, once we realize they think we’re shacking up because we’re Americans without kids… this is usually followed by an “Ohh! When are you going to have kids?”
7. “We meet again, Seafield Toll Plaza.” –Uttered the first time we actually meant to go through the Seafield Toll. All the other times we were lost.
8. “My arm is a hair-brush.” –Anthony trying to say “I hurt my arm” in another language.
9. Anthony: “It’s natural.” Sharon: “So is death.”- Said (and responded to) after smelling a stinky armpit of a guy holding an overhead ring on a train. Which its not like people don’t stink all over the world, but you’re more likely to run into them here because 1. there are less anti-perspirant/deodorant sticks available and 2. there are more trains.
10. “We (Americans) may be crappy at foreign policy, but we invented Coke.”- said after all at the table in the food court guzzled their cokes (some vanilla coke). It got a good chuckle from the locals.
The second reflection is of us. At www.myheritage.com you can upload a picture of yourself and see which celebrity you most resemble. Visit the site...you know you want to. And don't be scared...yes, there are celebrities that are ugly, but more than likely you're gonna look like someone attractive so no ego is in jeopardy. They say to do it several times and see which ones repeat.
Who did we come out looking like?
Anthony- Carson Daly (and a couple of girls with big lips) No other repeats really...which is just funny because Anthony's brother calls him Carson sometimes. Jason, you were right!
Sharon- Ashley Judd, Anne Hathaway, Sela Ward, and an Asian named Tata Young. Interestingly when we tried the other women in Sharon's family, Anne Hathaway and Sela Ward came up as well...we think its the eyebrow(s))
We're not really sure how these celebrities would feel about resembling us, but we left the site feeling pretty ok. Let us know when you try it and who you look like.