August 02, 2010

Hot. Recipe.

I grew up in Florida but haven't lived here in 6 years. And I'm fairly sure it's gotten hotter. I mean, we lived on the Equator for 3 years and never had a change of season. Constant summer for 3 years and I come back here and nearly melt to death!

But I digress. Or rather, I really don't care. It's Florida and I love it.

Because it's hot I thought I'd post a blog about a recipe a blogfriend from Texas put on her blog a while back. If you would like a more entertaining story about heat, read her story about the recipe... huh-lar-ee-us!
Thank you Heather Hendrick for sharing this family tradition with the blog world. Our family is already requesting we make them at the beach next week!

Peppers.
Jalapeno Peppers cut in half, stuffed with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon, then cooked. I'm not putting all the measurements and time because you need to read it from Heather.

DISCLAIMER! READ THIS BEFORE YOU MAKE THEM! TRUUUUUUUUST ME! IF YOU MAKE THESE AND DON'T READ THIS AND COMPLAIN LATER ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU DO NOT BLAME ME!

Here are the before pictures of when we tried them with Anthony's family for the first time in Jacksonville and the after pictures when we then made them at my parents house and drank it with the Mexican Pineapple Soda "Jarritos." It seemed only appropriate.
And my apologies and pity go out to those of you in places where there aren't enough Mexicans to justify carrying Jarritos in stores. It's quite the compliment to any Mexican-y (or Texan-y as I'm sure the Hendricks would claim) dish.

1 comment:

Hendrick Family said...

I'm so happy you like them!

Looking at these makes me want to eat some today.

So...Heather was just in Haiti, right? I saw her on Gwen Mangene's blog. Such a small world!

Heather