1. Where we live there is a very slight chance of getting hit in the head from a falling durian... which kills an average of 1 person a year (true fact).
2. Where we live Crocs are just as popular as they are in the US (and just as ugly).
3. Where we live people believe cold drinks can make you sick (the food below: sweet lime tea and char kuey teow... mmmm... soooo goooood).
4. Where we live there are wild tigers, elephants, rhinoceroses and monkeys in the rainforest.
5. Where we live there's WiFi in every McDonald's and the employees bring home the chicken bacon (no pork here :) by making RM4.50/sejam ($1.27/hour).
6. Where we live my wife takes unflattering pictures with her friends in Starbucks (she doesn't know I found this... he he he).
7. Where we live many people bloodlet to get rid of headaches.
8. Where we live nearly every local restaurant is open 24 hours and they're often packed at 2am.
9. Where we live little kids commonly go to sleep at midnight.
10. Where we live the word for heart (as in "you'll always be in my heart" or "I'll keep your memories in my heart") in the local language, when directly translated, means "liver."
What's cool about where you live? Leave a comment!