March 25, 2009

Better Ingredients...

I’m not really sure how it happened, but Papa John’s opened here in December sometime and we managed to get to March without knowing about it. Good thing we saw the KRISPY KREME sign hanging up next to Papa John’s announcing its opening next month… we will not be late for that one!
Ok, all you faithful blog readers out there who scrolled all the way through the pics… I want to share a story that could have everything to do with the pictures above. Back in 2004-2006 I worked at Outback Steakhouse. One day I waited on a table with 2 gentlemen sitting at it. One, I thought, looked familiar…

Sharon: “Hi! Wait. Have I waited on you before? You look familiar.”
Man sitting with Familiar Guy: “Um, well, you may not have waited on him, but he may have made your pizza.”
Sharon: (as the lights went on I said like an idiot) “You’re Papa John!”

That’s right folks. I met and served THE Papa John. He was very polite and even asked about me. When I told him I had plans to move overseas (and named the country) he said, “Really?” Then his friend (who was super-lame and totally acted like the side-kick to someone famous) told me they were actually discussing opening Papa John’s in China. I said, “Well, I don’t know about there, but I know I’d like to have a Papa John’s where I’m moving to!”

Could it be? Could I have been instrumental in bringing Papa John’s here? I, of course, choose to believe so and will therefore reward myself by an extra helping of garlic sauce!

6 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

It's totally because of you! :) haha! That's awesome :)

We have 2 Papa John's here, but they each take about an hour to get to :( oh well :) - it's worth the trip!! Actually, the 2nd time we went, they wouldn't let me have the garlic butter sauce (the main reason I eat their pizza)... I asked them why not and they said: "ummm, ma'am, quality problems" - haha!

Emily said...

I totally bet it was you. :) Looks like they give y'all the big ol' bowls of garlic sauce like they do in India. When will they introduce that to America??

Anonymous said...

We'll be right over...it's on us!!

Anonymous said...

I totally believe that Papa John never forgot that waitress from Outback who told him the Truth like he's never heard it before!!:) I'll never forget that story... This very well could be your doing!!

Brandon and April said...

mmmmm love me some good Papa Johns Pizza. you know it was you who convinced him right? i'm sure it didn't leave his mind until the Papa Johns was firmly planted in your area of the world.

Doug Jett said...

Of course it was you! Way to seize the moment for an impromptu location pitch. Bet you could even have a job in corporate if you want!

Glad to see everyone is still doing well.