Not much of a chef, but I picked a winner tonight! While perusing the Christmas edition of Southern Living I found these DELICIOUS holiday cookies! They're like sugar cookies' better looking and tasting cousins that come to visit on the holidays.
For Cookie Batter
1 Chai Tea Bag (cut open, dumped in mixing bowl, throw bag away)
1 Package Sugar Cookie Mix
1 Stick of Butter Melted (= 1/2 cup)
1 Large Egg
2 Tbsp eggnog
& Parchment paper on cookie sheet (easy to find near saran wrap)
Cinnamon-Sugar in small bowl
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg (I thought this would be hard, but it's easy! and cheap!)
2 Tbsp eggnog
1. Preheat oven to 350˚
2. Blend well cookie batter ingredients.
3. Drop spoonfuls of batter on parchment paper.
4. Dip bottom of a glass into cinnamon-sugar and lightly press/tap on cookie dough to flatten. Note: First one I flattened stuck to the glass, so on all the rest I tapped much lighter...plus because the first one made the glass a little sticky the cinnamon-sugar stuck to it better.
5. Bake for 8 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely on cooling rack (about 10 minutes)
6. Whisk together Icing ingredients. Spoon-spread onto cookies.Basically they're like sugar cookies but with a little Chai Tea and Eggnog mixed in...but they are YUM!
Hope this helps gets spread the holiday fun!